The poem that relates to my one little word is "The Seven of Pentacles", by Marge Piercy. The Line that is most relevant is "...if the sun shines and you pick off the catepillars..." (Piercy 7). It totally relates to me because I love nature and gardening, anf this is what the poem is all about. It is something that I can compare to, and it even contains my word. Sunshine is something that has deep meaning in my heart, and always will. I will shine, forever and always.
~Alyssa R.
Alyssa, I totally understand why you chose this word. I remember at the beginning of the school year that your nickname is sunshine, so to you this poem is very relatable and personal. The word that I picked to be my one little word was experience. I picked this word because with the end of high school approaching and beginning college eventually, i feel like i need to experienced new things in life. I feel this way because it will help me experience the word by myself and out of under my parents wing.
ReplyDelete-Amanda Chavira
Reading your post, the imagery of sunshine relating with nature and gardening overwhelmed me and I sensed your great love towards authentic nature. Great post!
ReplyDeleteAaawwwww how cute :D hahaha jkjk, thats a nice word to pick for your one little word, much better than "swag" and all those other kind of words that people picked haha, but does the whole poem relate to you? Or did you just find that line to be related to you? Nonetheless, you seem to care about the word you picked and be expressive about it, and I like that you put time into finding the perfect poem for this assignment.
ReplyDeleteDaniel Hawkins
Piercy's poem, i think, relates well to your word. Your word, "shine", conveys not only your love for nature's sunshine but also your personal shine.
ReplyDelete-Susan Y.
haha that explains alot! I think it's cool that you have your own word to go through life with. I think its important to have something like that to work towards and live your life with!Nice!
ReplyDelete-Hali Covey